Try this delicious recipe for egg pasta dough at home! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make fresh, homemade pasta.
Homemade Egg Pasta Dough
- 3 cups of Caputo Pasta flour
- 1 cup Caputo semolina
- 5 extra large eggs
- Mix the Pasta flour and the semolina flour together.
- Mound approximately 3 ½ cups of the mixed flour on a marble or formica counter. Leave ½ cup of the flour mix on the side. This will be used to adjust the final consistency of the dough.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs into the well.
- Gradually starting from the center slowly incorporate the flour and eggs together. The dough will start to form when about half the flour is incorporated. Keep working the dough until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Start kneading the dough with both hands, once the dough is formed into a mass remove it from the counter.
- Clean the counter with a scraper removing excess dough pieces and bits. After cleaning, lightly flour the counter with some of the remaining flour and knead the dough for 5-7 more minutes. This step is very important and cannot be skipped. If the dough is too soft and sticky you can slowly work in some of the remaining flour. The final consistency of the dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Put the dough in a floured bowl and wrap it in plastic wrap, let the dough sit at room temperature for one hour. Now your dough is ready. This dough can now be used in any manual pasta maker to cut the dough into your favorite or desired pasta shape.
hi , I love the show and the recipes, Marielena