Torta alla Olio di Oliva (Olive Oil Cake)
- 3 eggs
- 1c sugar
- 1c milk
- 1 3/4 olive oil
- 2T lemon zest
- 1 1/2c AP flour
- 1/2c semolina
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/4t salt
- 1t vanilla
- [b]For Compote[/b]
- 1c frozen berries
- 1 1/2T water
- 2T sugar
- 1t lemon juice
- Preheat oven 350.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, zest, and vanilla until mixture is pale yellow.
- Add olive oil and milk, continue to whisk.
- In separate container, mix flour, semolina, being powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet to dry. Whisk together but don’t over mix (batter should still be slightly lumpy).
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool.
- [b]Icing[/b]-Mix 1c confectioners sugar with 1/4c lemon juice. Add 1T of zest. Drizzle over cool cake.
- [b]Compote[/b]-Mix half of berries with water, sugar, and juice in sauce pan over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add other half of berries and cook for another 8 minutes.
[…] Click Here for the Full Recipe […]
Do you use a bundt pan or round cake pan? I LOVED THIS CAKE!
The ingredients listed, for the olive oil, it does not state what the unit is. Is it 13/4 Cup of Olive Oil?