Serves 3-4 People
- 2 golf-ball-sized black truffles, preferably from Umbria
- ¼ lbs of Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese
- 4 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 oz of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Shave black truffles with a truffle shaver into a small bowl.
2. Shave Parmigiano Reggiano into slivers as shown.
3. Combine cheese and truffle shavings and add extra virgin olive oil. The salad should not be oily, but the truffle shavings and cheese should be fully coated.
4. Add black pepper and sea salt to taste. Note: Parmigiano Reggiano and Grana Padano are quite salty. I recommend adding fresh ground black pepper first, taste the salad, then add salt as needed.
5. Plate the salad and top with of the cherry tomatoes cut into halves.