Vic joins Sabrina Anzivino to show you how to make the perfect risotto with a delicious Gattinara wine reduction sauce.
This recipe serves 10-12 people.
4 cups of Carnaroli rice
4-6 tablespoons of butter
1 lb of Toma cheese cut into 1 inch squares (if you can’t find Toma cheese, search the web for Toma cheese and find a similar cheese)
½ lbs of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 pot of vegetable stock, kept hot on stove
1. Melt butter into pan at medium heat. Use pan similar in size to the one seen here.
2. Add rice into melted button and coat the rice in the butter until butter is absorbed into the rice.
3. Now you’re ready to start adding the vegetable broth, one ladle at a time.
4. Add 2 ladles of vegetable stock and stir as liquid reduces.
5. Continue to add 1 ladle of vegetable stock at a time over a 15 minute period until rice is cooked. Some people like their rice more al dente; it’s purely subjective so taste as you go to find the right consistency.
6. Once liquid is reduced, add Toma and Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses.
7. Continually stir risotto until both cheeses are completely integrated.
8. Plate risotto on a flat dinner plate. Shave grated Toma and put a pinch in the middle of the plated risotto.
9. Drizzle Gattinara reduction as shown.