Make delicious and fresh gnocchi right at home with Vic’s mouth-watering Gnocchi Toscani recipe!
Homemade Gnocchi Toscani
- 1 pound of Imbastata ricotta
- ¼ pound freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- ¼ pound freshly ground Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 pound of fresh steamed spinach (chilled, drained and chopped fine)
- ½ pound of sifted Caputo Pasta Flour
- 1 quart of Pomodoro sauce
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large 60 ounce metal mixing bowl add ricotta, Pecorino Romano, Parmigiano Reggiano, chopped spinach, eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix these ingredients until this cheese mixture is consistent throughout.
- Start to add the flour to the mixture kneading it in slowly, continue to add flour to the mixture transforming the mixture into a dough ball. You can tell when you have enough flour in the mixture when the dough is still tacky, but does not stick to your hands. Note: If you add to much flour the gnocchi will be hard and dense, to make perfect light luscious gnocchi add just enough flour to hold the dough together.
- Once the dough is kneaded to the correct consistency, pinch off nickel size pieces of the dough and roll it into little balls. As you finish each one place it on a floured sheet pan.
- Cook gnicchi and serve with your favorite sauce. We recommend [url href=”http://eatdrinkitalytv.com/blog/pomodoro-rustico-video-recipe/” target=”_blank”]Pomodoro fresco[/url].