“Big Vic’s” Meatballs
Serves: 20-25 meatballs
- 1# ground beef
- 1# ground veal
- 1# ground pork
- 1 soaked bread (soaked in water then drained)
- 6 chopped cloves of garlic (sautéed till golden)
- 6 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 ounce chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients by hand. Prevents bread and meat from breaking down, guaranteeing light delicious meatballs.
- When mixed mold meat mixture into 2-3 ounce balls and place on sheet tray.
- In a large 12-14 inch sauté pan heat ½ the oil at medium heat. Place meatballs in pan and cook each side until golden. Replace oil as needed.
- Place meatballs in your favorite sauce and cook for 1 hour at medium heat.
- Your choice how to serve them . my meatballs are usually gone by this step.